Sunday, August 19, 2012

yummy weekend

daddy had the flu last Thursday and Friday, so we had him home all weekend. we've been catching up on a lot of chopped, masterchef and restaurant: impossible. so i was feeling a bit inspired. I was able to make some yummies out of our pantry fixins.

we had grilled cheese on the griddle with mixed veggies yesterday for lunch. have you ever used the parkay squeezable butter? it's FANTASTIC for grilled cheese!

last night we had bacon pancakes with strawberry sauce. I took a shakeable bisquik mix then sprinkled some bacon chunks on the batter. I thawed out some frozen strawberries in a saucepan with sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and orange zest. it was so pretty and so yummy, but I didn't get a picture because I lost my phone out on the porch...but found it on the way up to bed.

tonight we had pork chops, garlic smashed taters and cornbread muffins. I had a mix for the muffins, and made that as is. we had a bag on steam-in-the-bag red potatoes, so I mashed those with garlic, butter, milk, salt and pepper. simple and delicious. we did the pork chops on the George. I coated them in olive oil and ground on a steak and chops grinder. yum yum and yum!




0 comments: