Thursday, October 20, 2011

happy teeth

some of you may know that I've never had a cavity (and don't intend to anytime soon). i have fond memories of going to the dentist when i was really little when my mom would go - before i started having regular checkups. when it came time for me to start seeing the dentist, i was already familiar with him and familiar with the noises, so it wasn't so freaky and scary as most people make it out to be. (i actually really LOVE going to the dentist) the super clean, polished feeling is so fantastic. so yesterday i took jr with me to my checkup. it was at 8am...but really my appointment was for november 2nd...luckily one of the hygenists had an opening so i didn't waste a trip. jr was SO good. he sat on my lap the whole time and was really interested when mr. thirsty was doing his job (the white spit sucker thing - that's what my dentist used to call it when i was little). he also thought my safety glasses were pretty neat. when i gave them to him to play with he put them on his face - then on his head. i was disappointed that the dentist wasn't in yet, so jr couldn't have him look in his mouth, but that's ok. next time. all in all it was a very successful trip and i look forward to taking him with me many more times.

0 comments: