Thursday, August 12, 2010

40 days left - almost like Lent

so, looking at the calendar - there are only 40 days left until this little one is 40 weeks. will the kid stay in there that long? who knows?!
as of today - i've beaten my own gestation time - so i guess that something to be "proud" of.
i've finally found a pretty pleasant configuration of pillows that makes sleeping pretty ok - good thing we have a king or i think mr. c would be sleeping somewhere else. still suffering through what i'm now not-so-affectionately calling "the plague". but, with any luck - it won't last the rest of my life.

we dropped the girls off at grandma & grandpa c's house to stay the weekend. apparently they did pretty good. ginger barked at the cats - to be expected. but i guess all in all they were well behaved.

we had a very lovely trip to galesburg, il this past weekend. the wedding was great. the reception was a BLAST (i danced so much that when we got to the hotel i had it in my head that i had overdone it and i was going to go into labor). (pictures to come)

on the drive back home on sunday, we stopped in chicago to visit mr. & mrs. l and had a lovely stroll a few blocks from their place and had a yummy snack at coldstone! then we walked back to hang out at their place for a bit. (pictures to come)

3 comments:

Meghan said...

What's your pillow count? I'm up to five. One under my head, belly, arms, behind my back, and between my knees.

mrs. c said...

i've got my bed wedge, 2 pillows on top of that, and a body pillow that i cuddle and tuck between my knees. you're beating me by 1!

Meghan said...

The body pillow counts as two. We're even. =)